Timeline

1957 – Founded, The Rev. Reginald Hammond Priest-in-Charge.  First service, Nov. 7

1961 – Thrift Shop Opened

1962 – Rev. Beaumont called as Vicar; donkey days.  Plans drawn up to build Parish Hall

1964 – Parish Hall built, became Church Sanctuary

1965 – Rev. Anderson called

1968 – Rev. Angus Dun Jr. called, first not to live in the mansion (Angus Dun was the son of the Right Rev. Angus Dun, who ordained Bishop James Pike to the diaconate and priesthood)

1973 – Father Dun resigned, and The Rev. William “Buzz” Nern serves until early 1987

1979 – Redeemer achieves Parish status

1986 – Parish goes into decline; Bishop sends Fr. Jack Schanhaar

1989 – Loma Prieta earthquake topples parts of Mansion. Mansion is red-tagged by fire department and can no longer be used by the public.

1992 – Parish granted Mission status

1993 – McNear house goes on the market for $745,000

1994 – Thrift Shop closes: discovery of graveyard on preschool site

1996 – Jack retires. Associate Priest Rev. Zoila Schoenbrun becomes Interim, in December Rev. Barbara Bender called

1999 – Barbara called To Grace Cathedral and, in response to ultimatum, Rev. Jeremy Blodgett comes

2000 – Beginning of Kids’ Church

2003 – Jeremy retires, Mother Mary Atwood Interim

2004 – Rev. Carol Luther called

2007 – Rev. Steve Hasset followed by Rev. Donald Schell

2008 – Rev. Mark Ruyak

2009 – Rev. Whitney Roberson

2010 – Rev. Joseph Lane

2010 – Rev. Angela Guida

2011 – Revs. Jim Ward and Skip Fotch

2012 – Rev. Molly Haws

2016 – Rev. Dr. Daniel London