Redeemer Preschool is a nonprofit, nondenominational preschool and childcare program that was established by the Episcopal Church of the Redeemer in response to a growing need in the community for quality early childhood education environments. A new facility was built in 1994 to provide year-round preschool education for up to 90 children each year ages 2 through 6. Redeemer is located in the Glenwood neighborhood with a beautiful, peaceful natural setting. Redeemer holds a Preschool Day Care Center license with the California Department of Social Services – Community Care Licensing.
Pre-School Mission Statement
To serve the community by providing an exemplary learning environment, which promotes the safe and healthy growth of children by following developmentally appropriate practices.
- We believe learning is a lifelong, enjoyable, and challenging experience.
- We believe that every child is unique. We tailor our approach to each individual child’s social, emotional, and intellectual needs. We believe in providing an environment where children’s individual differences and cultural experiences are respected and valued.
- We believe that play gives children opportunities to understand their environment, interact with others in social ways, express and control emotions, and develop their imagination and creativity.
- We believe the family provides the child’s most important learning environment. Therefore, we offer education, involvement opportunities and support for the entire family.
- We believe in attracting and retaining high quality professionals as consistency and stability of staff promotes the healthy growth of children.
The preschool has achieved its accreditation from the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) in March 2010. The NAEYC standards reflect the latest research and best practices in early childhood education and development. NAEYC is also committed to utilizing the newest studies and analysis on positive child outcomes to ensure young children continue receiving the highest quality care and education possible.
As a NAEYC Accredited program, we:
- Promote positive relationship for all children and adults to encourage each child’s sense of individual worth.
- Implement a curriculum that fosters all areas of child development: cognitive, emotional, language, physical, and social.
- Use developmentally, culturally, and linguistically appropriate and effective teaching
Provide ongoing assessments of a child’s learning and development and communicate the child’s progress to the family.
- Promote the nutrition and health of children and protect children and staff from illness
Employ and support a teaching staff that has the educational qualifications, knowledge, and professional commitment necessary to promote children’s learning and development and to support families’ diverse interests and needs.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with each child’s family.
Establish relationships with and use the resources of the community to support achievement of program goals.
- Provide a safe and healthy physical environment
Implement strong personnel, fiscal, and program management policies so that all children, families and staff have high quality experiences.
Board of Trustees
A volunteer Board of Trustees consisting of three ex officio members and ten elected members governs Redeemer Preschool. The three ex officio members are the Vicar, the Director of the Preschool, and the Parent Association President. Board membership is composed of community leaders from business, education and service fields as well as parents of children enrolled in the Preschool and members of the Church/Diocese. The Board has the independent authority to select its own staff, establish its own policy and rules, and maintain separate financial accounts.